February 25, 2016
We're here from Jackman's Eco Team (the JETs) and we’d like to talk to you about how to make a litterless lunch. Here are a few tips to follow:
1. Get a reusable lunch bag instead of a plastic bag or a paper bag. You can use it over and over again. It's better for the environment that way.
2. Also, get reusable food containers in different sizes. These are perfect for all your snacks and lunch foods.
3. Prepare some homemade snacks, such as fruit crumble, granola bars, Rice Krispie squares, cookies and trail mixes (no nuts). Put these into reusable containers. There will be no wrappers to throw away.
4. Here's a good idea... if you really like yogurt, you can buy a big tub of yogurt and portion it into a smaller reusable containers.
5. If you buy packaged cheese strings, consider buying a big block of cheese instead. Then cut it into small slices and put these in a reusable container.
6. By the way, fresh fruit and veggies are perfect for littlerless lunches. And healthy too.
7. And forget about the over-packaged juice box. Pour your favourite juice into a reusable container.
Well, this concludes our blog for today. We know that making a litterless lunch takes a bit more effort, but we think it’s worth it! Thanks for doing your part to reduce waste.
Morgan, Lauren and Lizzie