- The teacher can turn off the lights at the front of the line before the class leaves the room.
- One student can have the responsibility of being the 'caboose' and turn off the lights as the last person leaving the room.
- Keep a sign near the door or near the lights to remind students and teachers to turn the lights off.
- Make up a little rhyme to help your class remember, rhymes like... Turn off the light! It’s too bright! Let’s Shout, Lights Out! Do it right! Off with the light!
- Make sure your fans, computers, Smartboards and other electronics are turned off when not in use.
- If it’s bright outside, turn off all of the lights in your room and use daylight instead.
- If you’re working in half the classroom, turn off the lights in the other half of the room.
Let's work together to conserve energy at school. Time to 'switch' your thinking, Jackman!